Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: RSFormPro is not defined

RSFormPro is not defined 1 year 9 months ago #42065

• hans2103
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
The way assets are added in Joomla 3 template
<jdoc:include type="head" />
see: github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/blob/bbaa10...ostar/index.php#L129

The way assets are added in Joomla 4 template
<jdoc:include type="metas" />
<jdoc:include type="styles" />
<jdoc:include type="scripts" />
see: github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/blob/793c4c.../index.php#L127-L129

This gives us, developers, the opportunity to move the last line (include scripts) to the bottom of the template just before </body>
Loading scripts at the bottom of your template is a well known practice while working on performance of your template.

But... RSForm Pro is not ready yet for this best practice. At least so it seems.
When I place <jdoc:include type="scripts" /> at the bottom of my template all scripts are loaded at the bottom of my template.
The console in the dev tools displays two errors.

Uncaught ReferenceError: RSFormPro is not defined
Uncaught ReferenceError: ajaxExtraValidationScript is not defined

When I place <jdoc:include type="scripts" /> in the head of my template those two errors are gone.
Please try it yourself on a copy of Cassiopeia to reproduce this error.
Can you adjust the RSForm Pro code so it does not matter if the code is loaded as soon as possible or just before the template body end?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!