Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Search Data Collection?

Search Data Collection? 6 years 4 months ago #37491

Is there no way to collect the site search data?
I would be helpful to know what people are searching for on our site.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Search Data Collection? 6 years 4 months ago #37499

To do this, you will need to install Google Analytics on your website, then you can track search terms on your site:

support.google.com/customsearch/answer/2...0924-1370017148&rd=1

Search Data Collection? 6 years 4 months ago #37519

The website is already connected to Google Analytics.

I have tried testing RSSearch with this and I cannot seem to figure it out no data is being sent to GA. Also, how do I set up RSSearch to index my site? I get ho search results at all.

The documentation for RSSearch is pretty vague and does not cover any of this setup.

Search Data Collection? 6 years 4 months ago #37520

I also wanted to add, I have tried going through the google search engine setup, but the link to the directions you sent me do not match up with the admin area for setup on google.

Search Data Collection? 6 years 4 months ago #37521

Well you don't need to use RSSearch! for this. Use default joomla search module and add "searchword" in your Google Analytics configuration.

You can read more here: support.google.com/analytics/answer/1012264?hl=en

Search Data Collection? 6 years 4 months ago #37523

Sorry, I think you are misunderstanding my question.

Does RSSearch have a way to track search data that is entered into it?

Search Data Collection? 6 years 4 months ago #37526

No.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!