Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Error 'Field 'promoted_expiry' ?? in Joomla 4

Error 'Field 'promoted_expiry' ?? in Joomla 4 1 year 3 weeks ago #42618

Hello,

I did an upgrade from Joomla3 to Joomla4. In this site I had already a lot of entries in RSDirectory set in Joomla3.
But when I want to add an entry by the backoffice I got this error "1364 Field 'promoted_expiry' doesn't have a default value".
The field promoted is disabled in the settings. I don't use it.
But when I enable the field promoted the same error is there.

What is wrong with the Joomla4 version
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Error 'Field 'promoted_expiry' ?? in Joomla 4 1 year 2 weeks ago #42632

• wnps
  • Fresh Boarder
I have the same issue - just migrated a few days ago. SOME of my published listings aren't showing in the front, and when I try to edit them in the backend and save, I get 'promoted_expiry' doesn't have a default value. Not sure where to set this, we don't use it either.

Error 'Field 'promoted_expiry' ?? in Joomla 4 1 year 1 week ago #42638

Hello WNPS,

I got the following instruction from the guys of RSJoomla to fix this error:

Please download RSDirectory! once again from our website and install it over your current one (this acts as an update ensuring you have everything installed properly).
www.rsjoomla.com/downloads.html
Afterwards test this once more (a full backup is firstly recommended).

And that works for me. The error is gone after install the version over the current version. So try it also in your website.

Best regards
Kees

Error 'Field 'promoted_expiry' ?? in Joomla 4 1 year 1 week ago #42648

• wnps
  • Fresh Boarder
Support helped me out too. I tried the same thing, and it partially solved my issue. I also had listings not showing on the front end that were clearly published on the backend. It was that I hadn't also re-uploaded all the plugins/nodules (like search and filter), and one of my authors was no longer enabled. They were long gone, so I reassigned the authors to the admin, and all is good now.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!