Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Doubt about features

Doubt about features 8 years 2 months ago #33850

Hello there!

I want to buy RSDirectory but have a question:

We need to know if we can create a link from the menu to a 2 or more main categores and order the results by subcategory.

Would first sort by subcategory and within that category, sorted by date. Obviously entries are first promoted in each group.

Someone can help me answer this question?

Thank you
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Doubt about features 8 years 2 months ago #33854

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
RSDirectory! incorporates multiple filtering options. You can create for example a list entries menu item that will display entries from given categories. You can also set the category order.

More details on menu item configuration here:

https://www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/rsdirectory/getting-started/built-in-menu-items.html

I would also recommend testing the extension on our demo installation (backend access provided as well):

directory.rsjoomla.com
directory.rsjoomla.com/administrator
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The following user(s) said Thank You: FranAyala

Doubt about features 8 years 2 months ago #33982

Hi alexp,

A thing: I create a built-in-menu pointing to all categories entries. Default order by category name descending. Entries ordered by newest entries. All ok

I set the configuration to non autopublish entries and non autopublish edited entries.

When a user edit a entry, this is unpublished in entries list (backend).Good!

But... If i publish the entry with the red button, this entry automatically is on top on the front end entries list.

Why?

I need to order by creation date or, at least, not for edit date. It's not etic for new users. Everyone can edit to grow their ranking and appears on top.

How to mantain a entry in the initial position that they would have and not on the top when i publish after an user edit?

Thanks a lot

Doubt about features 8 years 2 months ago #33986

• alexp
I just tested this and i think you might be ordering your entries by their modification date, not by publishing date. More on RSDirectory! menu item configuration options here:

https://www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/rsdirectory/getting-started/built-in-menu-items.html
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: FranAyala

Doubt about features 8 years 2 months ago #33989

Hi alexp,

I have set to newest entries. Not modification date. This is the configuration:

Number of columns: 1 column
Select Categories: VIP PREMIUM
Category Order: Category Manager Order
Ordering: NO
Entry order: Newest entries
Order by price: NO
Order by the published date: NO
Order by the modified date: NO
Order by expiry date: NO
Order by title: NO
Order by big subtitle: NO
Order by small subtitle: NO
Order by author: NO
Order by hits: NO
Order by number of ratings: NO
Order by the average rating: NO
Default entries limit: 20
Pagination behavior: Set stage
Pagination: Show
Pagination Results: Show

When i enter to back admin to publish the modification, i see that the HOUR is set to the moment that i publish an this is changing the order...

My configuration settings are correct for the needed behaviour to not order by modification??

Thanks!
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by FranAyala.

Doubt about features 8 years 2 months ago #33990

• alexp
Still unable to replicate this and matched your settings. Please make sure that you are using the latest version (1.6.11). If the issue persists, please submit a support ticket so our staff members can have a closer look at this.
Regards,

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!