Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Best barcode scanning solution?

Best barcode scanning solution? 3 years 8 months ago #40441

We are planning to use the barcode scanning feature a lot, however I've run into some problems:

1- When using a 'code' as the (QR) bar code, you either have to have a PC/laptop with a scanner of some sorts, or use a mobile device with a QR scanner. However the people at the door will have to scan each ticket, copy the code in the scanner app, then go to the RSEvents website to paste the code to validate. This is cumbersome.

2- When using an URL as the QR code, you can scan the code using a mobile app, and with one click get directed to the site to validate the ticket. This is great! Then there is no copy/pasting and it's quick to use. However, everyone can scan and validate the ticket, even anonymous users. When scanned once, the ticket is then invalidated. I checked with support, and they said you cannot limit who can check the validation URL.

How do others deal with this issue? Do you use an app that makes it easier to use step 1 (e.g. a mobile app than can more easily paste the code in the website).

I've seen the post from the user that exports the CSV and then imports them to a scanner app, but if you have events very often that gets old.
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by jeoffbeckers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!