Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Corona Law: only allow user subscribe to 1 event

Corona Law: only allow user subscribe to 1 event 3 years 8 months ago #40357

i use rsevents for a sports day. I have 30 different activities that the students can choose from. I want each student to register for a maximum of 1 activity. But that seems impossible.

Why isnt this a standard feature in RSEvents. I guess alot of users who use RSevents want their users to subscribe to a maximum number of events.

see www.rsjoomla.com/forum/56-rseventspro/30...r-account.html#40399 for a better explanation and example of my issue
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by paypal778. Reason: wasn't clear
The administrator has disabled public write access.

only allow one registration per account 3 years 8 months ago #40372

• jami
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Maybe try making it one event and each of your activities is a ticket. Then set maximum number of tickets on the Event Registration page to 1.

only allow one registration per account 3 years 8 months ago #40395

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

You can also allow each user to subscribe only once to the event and select only a single ticket type through the `Multiple registrations` and `Multiple tickets` options from Components > RSEvents!Pro > Settings > Events > Event registration.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

only allow one registration per account 3 years 8 months ago #40398

jami wrote:
Maybe try making it one event and each of your activities is a ticket. Then set maximum number of tickets on the Event Registration page to 1.

Every event has it own information, photos, location and so on, so thanks for the suggestion, but your suggestion is impossible

only allow one registration per account 3 years 8 months ago #40399

andreic wrote:
Hello,

You can also allow each user to subscribe only once to the event and select only a single ticket type through the `Multiple registrations` and `Multiple tickets` options from Components > RSEvents!Pro > Settings > Events > Event registration.

I know, but that is not the issue. I want my users to only subscribe to 1 event. Your suggestion is about register multiple times to the same event.

In my opinion I am not asking something really strange. There must be loads of people who face exactly the same issue. I can think of a lot of situations where my issue comes up. In fact this problem pops up with every event that starts at the same day and time.

For example, a school celebrates its 20th anniversary that will be kept on Wednesday from 15:00 till 16:00
There are 200 students. You want the students to choose from 4 events: Mathematics, Sports, Art or Music. All the events are kept in a different place of the college.

The problem now is that students for subscribing multiple times to different events.

Or what about a free festival that has 4 stages where 4 bands preform at the same time. In this time of corona everyone has to reserve a seat so the organization knows how many people show up. The way RSevents is now you can register at all 4 stages and only show up at one.

only allow one registration per account 3 years 8 months ago #40400

• jami
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
ah! I yes, that would make sense, and I can totally see how it would be useful. I wonder if there is a way to do it through the Cart plugin? Have you put in a support ticket for this question? That might be worthwhile since they don't often monitor these forums, even though Andreic replied earlier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: paypal778

only allow one registration per account 3 years 8 months ago #40401

Yes I have made a support ticket about this issue. but I just got a "no that's not possible, you have to find a custom programmer for that"

But now that I have to build another reservation system for another client I am facing the same issue.

only allow one registration per account 3 years 8 months ago #40404

i have added a feedback to www.rsjoomla.com/feedback/single-category/16-rseventspro.html

as soon it is being accepted I like you to vote for my feedback. ill place the link here

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!