Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Pre-Sales: 'read-only' calendar, show as 'booked'

Pre-Sales: 'read-only' calendar, show as 'booked' 4 years 1 month ago #39888

Hi all. Hope you're well.

I'd like to purchase RSEVents!Pro today, but have two quick pre-sales questions please:

1. is it possible to show the calendar in 'read only' mode i.e. it won't be possible for anyone to click on any events for further info

2. I'll be importing a Google calendar daily (scheduled as cron job). Is it possible to automatically change 'event descriptions' and just show them as 'booked' in the calendar ?

Basically, I'd like to use the calendar as a "guests' booking availability" calendar (my customer uses Google Calendar to make booking appointments) and it will simply be used to show 'booked' on dates with appointments.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Pre-Sales: 'read-only' calendar, show as 'booked' 3 years 9 months ago #40294

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

Although this was addressed when you submitted a ticket to our support team, I will share the answer here as well:

1. This type of functionality is not available by default. The component was designed to show a calendar of events, then allow users to access the details view of each event so that they can find out more information and possibly subscribe to that particular event. Keeping this in mind you could apply a template override to the calendar listing and remove the link to the event details page, the template override process is described in detail here:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/r...s-look-and-feel.html

2. The import functionality from Google calendar will not adjust the event descriptions as well, it will only import the events into RSEvents!Pro. In order to change this functionality you will require custom scripting and component source code modifications, we do not recommend this since all source code changes are lost when an update is performed. Also we do not provide customization services for our products at the moment.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!