Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: og:image in RsEvents Pro

og:image in RsEvents Pro 4 years 6 months ago #39498

• froman
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi dear friends!
I am using RsEvents Pro and RsSEO too. In RsSEO I set opengraph image properties, but its setting automatically in RsEvents too and in the source contains those multiple.
Firstly rows are the RsEvents's rows with hight and widht tags. It's showing in the facebook post. Not so beauty because it's size is small.

In the source:
RsEvents
<meta property="og:image" content="m-studium.hu/components/com_rseventspro/...ad38e082b5c21fcc.jpg" />
<meta property="og:image:width" content="250" />
<meta property="og:image:height" content="200" />

Rs SEO
<meta property="og:image" content="m-studium.hu/images/og/m-studium-aranykalaszos-kaposvar.jpg" />

How can I change this?

Best Regards
Roman
The administrator has disabled public write access.

og:image in RsEvents Pro 4 years 4 months ago #39681

• bogdan.tataru
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
Hello,

You can try resolving this by taking the following steps:

- edit the following file:

\components\com_rseventspro\helpers\rseventspro.php

- search for the "public static function metas($event) {" function
- remove the following lines from this function(~line 4121):

if (!empty($event->icon)) {
$doc->setMetaData('og:image', rseventsproHelper::thumb($event->id, 250), 'property');
$doc->setMetaData('og:image:width', 250, 'property');
$doc->setMetaData('og:image:height', 200, 'property');
}

- test this functionality one more time

Please note that removing these lines will stop the component from adding the og:image tag, in this way you will have to add this property from RSSeo! > Pages for all of your events.
My help is not official customer support. To receive assistance, submit a ticket by clicking here
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!