Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Gallery disables jQuery

Gallery disables jQuery 11 years 3 weeks ago #22205

• ituk
  • Fresh Boarder
I have installed and started using RSMediaGallery on my Joomla website, and suddenly the short jQuery code I use to change my menu items' class stopped working on the gallery page.
I tried to optimize the way jQuery loads from the plugin option menu - but with no success. I also tried to delete or move manually my original jQuery script tag in the template and use only the plugin's one - but nothing.

I use jQuery v1.7.1 like the plugin does, Joomla is v2.5, RSMediaGallery is the last version.
this is the small code i use for changing the menu items' class:

<script>
    $("ul.menu > li").bind("mouseenter",function(){
      $(this).addClass("menu_item_hover");
    }).bind("mouseleave",function(){
      $(this).removeClass("menu_item_hover");
    });	 
</script>

Thank you,
Ituk
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Gallery disables jQuery 11 years 3 weeks ago #22206

• octavian
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
RSMediaGallery! does not disable jQuery. Your code is wrong, you should never use $(). Instead, use jQuery() (eg. jQuery("ul.menu > li")...)
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Gallery disables jQuery 11 years 2 weeks ago #22296

• ituk
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you very much!
<script>
    jQuery("ul.menu > li").bind("mouseenter",function(){
      jQuery(this).addClass("menu_item_hover");
    }).bind("mouseleave",function(){
      jQuery(this).removeClass("menu_item_hover");
    });	 
</script>

Ituk

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!