Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: RS Blog and IE 9 Help Please

RS Blog and IE 9 Help Please 12 years 10 months ago #13684

Hi,
Can anyone help with issues regarding IE9 and RS Blog. The blog functions simply do not work when entering articles from the front end.

Adding and editing descriptions is very cumbersome and will put off most users and even if this is overcome the submit button doesn't work?

I really like RS Blog and it fits well within the rest of my site, but any help would be grateful as the web designer who originally recommended RS Blog several months ago has since stopped trading.

Apologies if this is listed elswhere , I have looked but so far not seen an answer.

Many thanks

Chris
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:RS Blog and IE 9 Help Please 12 years 10 months ago #13693

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

Please make sure that you have cache disabled on your site from Global Configuration > System and from Plugin Manager > System Cache. And delete the remaining cache from Tools(or Maintenance for Joomla! 1.6) > Clean Cache.

Let me know.

Re:RS Blog and IE 9 Help Please 12 years 10 months ago #13758

Thanks bogdanc,
I think now have done some trials and research it looks as though the version of RSBlog that my designer installed was an old one (v1). His updates etc have stopped as his licence has expired, so the only way for me to continue to use it and to get an updated version (compatible with IE9) will be to pay for an individual licence for my domain.
Don't mind this, but very annoying as my old designer has gone and disappeared with my money for original work without telling me about these extra costs for the software he has installed. (If I ever get hold of him.....!)

Re:RS Blog and IE 9 Help Please 12 years 10 months ago #13785

Hi again,
The updated software for the blog and the tips mentioned above have made no difference.
Having tried these elements and paid out for updated licence the blog still fails to work for front end users in IE9.

All help gratefully received

Thanks

Re:RS Blog and IE 9 Help Please 12 years 10 months ago #13789

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

From what I can see, when test-submitting a post from the front-end on our demo site:

demo.rsjoomla.com/submit-new-article

the blog post is submitted correctly. So, RSBlog! is functioning ok in IE9.

The issue is most likely generated by either your editor or a 3rd Party extension which generates an error on the given page and so, causes the Submit Article button to do not work.

Re: RS Blog and IE 9 Help Please 12 years 7 months ago #14510

• jmack50
  • Fresh Boarder
I am experiencing this same problem with IE9 while running RSBlog on Joomla 1.7.

If anyone has discovered a solution could you please post it here? I tried the suggestions listed above.

Thanks for any help.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!