Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Auto-insert logged in user details

Auto-insert logged in user details 3 years 7 months ago #40490

• nigel2
  • Fresh Boarder
All users on our site are registered and have to log in to access anything.

Is it possible for the name and email address of the logged in user to be auto-entered into the Contact name and contact email field when creating a new ticket?

If it is, how do I do this?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Auto-insert logged in user details 3 years 7 months ago #40491

• dragos
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 102
Hello,

This functionality is included by default in RSTickets!Pro. You will have to make sure that your are logged in as a regular user and not as a staff member. If you are logged in as a staff member and the staff group the user belongs to has the "Can submit a ticket on behalf of a customer" permissions enabled, then the user will be able to submit tickets on behalf of another customer and the Name and Email fields will be displayed.

Please make sure that you are logged in as a regular user and afterwards test this functionality one more time.

Auto-insert logged in user details 3 years 7 months ago #40492

• nigel2
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks.

I'm not sure if I get this...
  • If logged in as a regular user, my username and email are prefilled into the Contact name and email fields, so this is good!
  • If I'm logged in and I am a staff, and my staff group has the permission 'can raise tickets on behalf of others' set to yes, I just see text entry fields, I don't see drop downs of joomla users or staff members. I think from your reply I should see drop downs shouldn't I?

But, in our case I'm not worried about being able to raise a ticket on behalf of someone else as this will never happen! I just want the staff username and email address to be prefilled exactly as the registered user's details are.

I've tried editing submit/default.php by commenting out these lines...

$input = $this->form->getInput('email');

and...

$input = $this->form->getInput('name');

and adding these...

//NJ get logged in user's email address
//$input = $user->email;

and...

//NJ get logged in user's name
//$input = $user->name;

...this correctly enters my email address and name, but when I fill in the rest of the form and click Submit, I get an error asking for a valid email address?

Auto-insert logged in user details 3 years 7 months ago #40493

• dragos
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 102
Hello,

I'll try to explains how this works:

- if the user you're logging within the frontend area is actually a Staff Member assigned on a Staff Group has the "Can submit a ticket on behalf of a customer" permissions enabled, then the user will be able to submit tickets on behalf of another customer and the Name and Email fields will be displayed.

- if you don't want to display the New User / Existing User buttons, make sure that the account is not listed as a staff member, then access the 'Submit ticket' page one more time. You should no longer have the 'New user' / 'Existing user' options available, instead the logged in user details should be added in the form fields.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!