Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: document link to open preview

document link to open preview 3 years 1 month ago #40942

I would like to have the documents title in list view to open as a preview instead of downloading automatically. I find that most users expect a PDF to open in a new tab/window or in a preview like Google previewer or even just a modal preview.

How can I change this? I turned off direct download, but then the document opens a new page a download button. I couldn't find a setting for this. What am I missing?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

document link to open preview 2 years 3 months ago #41729

• RPPEO
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Once upon a time this was possible. The preview was a link rather than JS, you could add that link to a HREF and voila the PDF popped open in a popup. Wish that hadn't changed.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!