Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: All Joomla Users Not Listed for Adding to Group

All Joomla Users Not Listed for Adding to Group 9 years 1 month ago #30459

• reddeer
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello friends,

Anybody else ever not seen all the Joomla users listed when adding individual Joomla users to an RS!Files group?

I can see only six of all the Joomla users. From within the Add Joomla Users to an RS!Files group interface, tried:

1. Searching for known users who were successfully assigned to other RS!Files groups yesterday but they are neither found nor listed.

2. Searching for unlisted Joomla users who don't already belong to any RS!Files group but are displayed in the Joomla User Manager. No luck.

3. Adding a Joomla group to the RS!Files group just to see whether this might trip the ability to list more Joomla users and predictably this had no effect on listing individual users.

Finally tried clearing the Joomla cache, logging out, then logging back in again. No joy.

:S

Thanks for any clues.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

All Joomla Users Not Listed for Adding to Group 9 years 1 month ago #30466

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Please submit a support ticket about this so we can have a closer look.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

All Joomla Users Not Listed for Adding to Group 9 years 1 month ago #30483

• reddeer
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you. I think I figured it out, though. It looks like in RS!Files the group memberships for individual Joomla users are mutually exclusive.

That is, I tried taking some individual Joomla users out of one RS!Files group and those same users then became available for adding to another RS!Files group.

So, it appears that to assign individual Joomla users to multiple RS!Files groups, I need to take care of group membership first on the Joomla level. That way I can assign the different Joomla groups to corresponding RS!Files groups as needed. At least I think this should work as it seems like RS!Files does not actually care who belongs to the Joomla groups as long as the groups have different names.

If this does not work, I will get in touch with a ticket.

Thank you again.

Kind regards,
Reddeer

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!