Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Upload and Download BUT NOT DELETE files or folder

Upload and Download BUT NOT DELETE files or folder 10 years 1 week ago #26931

Hi i have Jommla 3.2.3 installed with the latest version of RSFiles 1.13.10.

I want registered users to be able to download and upload at the download folder but not to delete anything!

So at the permissions of the download folder i leave empty the "performance maintenance" option and i put the groups at the other two options (Can view Can and Download)...But when i set this, they can only download not to upload.

If i put the group of the users at the "performance maintenance" option, there able to create folder, download , upload and DELETE!!!

What i need is to be able to create folders, download, and upload...So what setting i need to do to achieve that?

Thank you in advance!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Upload and Download BUT NOT DELETE files or folder 10 years 1 week ago #26937

• adrianp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 146
Hello,

The maintenance permission, offers a more general control on files(this includes delete, upload, create folders etc). Currently you cannot have delete without upload, instead, you could hide the delete button through template overrides(this procedure is explained in the following article):

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...plate-overrides.html

Performing template overrides for the buttons which appear on the file details page can be done for the following file:

\components\com_rsfiles\views\rsfiles\tmpl\details_navbar.php

PS: We will improve this functionality in the future revisions of RSFiles!.
This is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a support ticket here.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!