Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Renew before expiration?

Renew before expiration? 13 years 3 months ago #12116

I want my members to have the ability to renew their membership before their expiration date. When they try to renew they get a notification that they are already subscribed. Am i missing something?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Renew before expiration? 13 years 3 months ago #12124

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

When using the latest version of RSMembership! (revision 15) you can set the expiration emails to be sent out in advance. This is configurable from the Components > RSMembership! > Configuration > Expiration notification settings. In the expiration email you can use the placeholders listed here:

[url]
http://www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/documentations/79-getting-started/316-memberships.html
[/url]
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Renew before expiration? 13 years 3 months ago #12130

alexp wrote:
Hello,

When using the latest version of RSMembership! (revision 15) you can set the expiration emails to be sent out in advance. This is configurable from the Components > RSMembership! > Configuration > Expiration notification settings. In the expiration email you can use the placeholders listed here:

[url]
http://www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/documentations/79-getting-started/316-memberships.html
[/url]

I think you have missed my issue. I am already using the email notification set at 30 days BEFORE expiration. This is working great. The problem arises when the member logs into the website before their memebership actually expires and tries to renew their membership. This is the error message they get:

You are already subscribed to this membership. You cannot subscribe twice!
Last Edit: 13 years 3 months ago by gregsonnier.

Re:Renew before expiration? 13 years 3 months ago #12134

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

As i mentioned in your ticket reply, the renew can only be used when the membership has actually expired, not before expiration. If you would like to purchase another membership, please make sure that you do not have the "unique" option set to yes: Components > RSMembership! > Memberships > edit a membership > Membership information
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Renew before expiration? 13 years 1 month ago #12771

• JeffP
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Greg
I have simply worded my renewal email so it advises them it will be renewed automatically and they don't have to do anything, unless they want to cancel.

I then have a faq about cancelling.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!