Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Changes in RSSEO vs in Article Editing ARea

Changes in RSSEO vs in Article Editing ARea 7 years 1 month ago #36475

If I change a page meta description (for example) in RSSEO, are the changes supposed to show up in the page meta description where the joomla article itself is edited?

If so, this is not the case on my site. Any ideas why this may not be happening?

If not, I wonder why? It makes sense to me that the changes should carry through to the article permanently, otherwise all SEO work would be lost if one stopped using RSSEO.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Changes in RSSEO vs in Article Editing ARea 7 years 1 month ago #36479

Hello,

The meta data information you adjust on your page will be applied to the page itself (and you can normally view it by inspecting the page's source code in the frontend area). This won't actually appear within the article while it's being edited as its particular data is stored exclusively using the standard Joomla! tables (the article won't actually return information from RSSeo! tables).

If these changes don't appear while previewing the page's source code, then RSSeo! can't perform adjustments to your page. This can be caused by various reasons, such as the page being restricted (not publicly accessible) or even cache.

Changes in RSSEO vs in Article Editing ARea 7 years 1 month ago #36485

Thanks for your reply. The changes do show when I view source code - that wasn't my question.

I was more curious about how permanent the SEO work is that I do with RSSEO.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but from your reply it seems if I ever stop using RSSEO and remove it from my site, all changes I have made will be lost.

If I am correct it would be great if I had the option to have RSSEO overwrite the content of the actual article keywords, description, etc in the Joomla article tables and not just in RSSEO tables. I'm not a programmer so I don't know if that is possible, so I'm not complaining - just treat this as a feature request. :)

Changes in RSSEO vs in Article Editing ARea 7 years 1 month ago #36489

Hello cybersalt,

That would be correct, disabling/uninstalling RSSeo! will no longer have its configured meta data applied. You can always consider setting this directly from the article itself if you're worrying.

Further to this, let's assume you will want to create a web directory using a free/paid component. If this component doesn't provide a section to add meta data for your entries or categories, etc, RSSeo! can help you by indexing each page from your website in order to add meta information. Basically, this feature is of general use, not only for articles or anything from default Joomla! system.

You're however more than welcome to add this request in the feedback section:
www.rsjoomla.com/feedback.html

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!