Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: How do Bounce emails work please

How do Bounce emails work please 8 years 9 months ago #31687

• info713
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi

Can you please tell me how bounce emails work?

There is limited information in the instructions.

Does it matter if you use your main email address as the bounce email mailbox or do you require a separate mailbox?

I ask this because I am using google apps and have 1 user account. I have aliases but they don't have their own credentials.

Can you please let me know what I should do or whether it matters?

David
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How do Bounce emails work please 8 years 8 months ago #32069

When your web site visitors sign up to receive email from you, the information your site collected goes into a database. Unless you allow users to change their email preferences on your web site, that database never gets updated. Eventually, some of the email messages you send will be undeliverable, or “bounce” as it’s called in the email marketing industry.
See more at:
www.maxprog.com/site/support/us/emailbou...g_bounce_e-mails.php
MilesWeb.co.uk :: Web Hosting UK | cPanel Hosting

How do Bounce emails work please 7 years 9 months ago #35416

• info713
  • Fresh Boarder
Actually what I would like to know is how does RSDirectory handle manage the bounce emails using the cron. What is the workflow.

I can't get it to work properly and the instructions offered are very limited.

Can you plesae offer some step by step instructions on this as it is actually a very important feature.

David

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!