Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Tie all RS features together CRM-like?

Tie all RS features together CRM-like? 14 years 3 weeks ago #10160

I've been working with CiviCRM.org, a "Constituent Relationship Manager" for non profit organizations.

It provides very similar functions to what the RS tool set has to offer.
> Mail
> Events
> Membership
> Contribution Management (not available from RS)

I haven't explored every aspect of RSJoomla's tools yet, but I'm curious about what it would take to provide a CRM-like layer that ties it all together.

Example:
> I work with a large group of volunteers.
> We are scheduling a training session for new volunteers.
> I would like to generate a list of volunteers who have not attended this training before.
> Once that list is created, I'd like to blast an email out to those people.

The CRM layer would provide a contact dashboard wherein we can see:
> All the messages that person has received.
> All their membership details
> All the events they have attended.
> All their form submissions.
> All their contributions (I know this is not currently available but I can dream).

RSJoomla is already collecting so much data in it's suite of solutions.
It would be cool to be able to drill into that data and report on it.

It seems like you've got some connectivity between different systems, but no global framework to tie it all together.

What would it take to do this so one master "list" is developed and everything can be tied to it?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Tie all RS features together CRM-like? 14 years 3 weeks ago #10164

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

It looks like you are looking for a rather specialized functionality.

Taken apart, you will be able to do almost everything you needs using our components.

RSMail! does have a reporting tool and link history, meaning that you can track who clicked on what on the generated emails. But this is not user profile oriented. The statistics are stored on email sending sessions.

Overall, it can be done with our components + a user profile oriented component and probably some custom coding to improve the collaboration so that you can achieve the desired functionality.

We are working on plugins and modules that will facilitate the collaboration for our components. Some of them have already been released and are successful: RSMail - RSform!Pro, RSEvents - RSform!Pro and soon to come RSMembership - RSform!Pro.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Tie all RS features together CRM-like? 14 years 1 week ago #10300

I'm also looking for something like that.

Especialy I need a component that we could call RSBase :-) I should be able to make a database and handle it very smoothly.

- unlimited tables and fields
- frontend editing by logged in users (their own info)
- and much more...

And of course integration with other RS-components, ex. RSEvent.

I've been looking for a database component for a very long time and not found any.

Are RS planing such a component?

Regards
Rudy Madsen

Re:Tie all RS features together CRM-like? 13 years 6 months ago #11626

rudymadsen wrote:
I'm also looking for something like that.

Especialy I need a component that we could call RSBase :-) I should be able to make a database and handle it very smoothly.

- unlimited tables and fields
- frontend editing by logged in users (their own info)
- and much more...

And of course integration with other RS-components, ex. RSEvent.

I've been looking for a database component for a very long time and not found any.

Are RS planing such a component?

Regards
Rudy Madsen

Thanks you for the post.

Re:Tie all RS features together CRM-like? 5 years 5 months ago #38595

I am also looking for this

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!