Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Several search modules with different searchoutput

Several search modules with different searchoutput 8 years 1 month ago #33991

• Hammur
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I'm looking for a solution to have several search modules on a site to search different places.
For example you would have several search modules located on specific pages, where:
1st search module searches articles in category 1 and 2
2nd search module searches category 3 and 4
3th search module searches category 5 and 6
...etc.

Most search components I've encountered have the option to select categories in the plugin options. But that will effect all modules, so I guess I kinda need a search modules where you can select categories to search in, in the module paramters.

Is this possible with RSSearch?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Several search modules with different searchoutput 8 years 1 month ago #33992

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Unfortunately no. You can set in which categories to search, but this will be applied for all module instances.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Several search modules with different searchoutput 8 years 1 month ago #33993

• Hammur
  • Fresh Boarder
Okay, that's unfortunate. Thank you for quick answer though :)

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!