Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: smtp error and "From" email address... connected?

smtp error and "From" email address... connected? 10 years 11 months ago #22738

• babylon3
  • Fresh Boarder
Firstly I apologise for being a newbie to all of this, I'm a print designer by trade and have had the administration of a joomla site dumped on my lap, so please bare with me.

We have just taken control of a joomla website than was built and being administered by another company. We transported the whole site across to our hosting (namesco). Everything came across of except for a few problems with the form.

Firstly... When you filled out the form you got a "can't connect to smtp" error, and no emails would come through to the client. I changed the joomla global configuration settings from smtp server to PHP Mail function, this got rid of the error and emails started to come through again.

Secondly... The client is now saying that when someone fills out the form, and it gets sent to them. The email comes from admin@sitename.co.uk rather then the email address of the person who filled the form out. ie. This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

Is this new pro problem to do with the switch from SMTP to PHP. Is there a setting within the form itself I am missing. Or is this a problem on the hosting side?... or are they just lying!

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Site running: Version 1.5.26
RS Forms: 1.0.7
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!