Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Forms Not Submitting in IE Since Component Upgrade

Forms Not Submitting in IE Since Component Upgrade 14 years 11 months ago #7217

• catt231
  • Fresh Boarder
OK since I've upgraded the component I can no longer submit the form in IE - it works fine in firefox,
I've fixed the wysiwyg error I was getting and have also manually entered the form ID back to the database as this also has stopped working...

I just don't know what's going on with the submission problem...

HELP!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Forms Not Submitting in IE Since Component Upgrade 14 years 11 months ago #7225

• catt231
  • Fresh Boarder
It appears that this was caused by the mod_rewrite - set it to no and the forms submit now...

Re:Forms Not Submitting in IE Since Component Upgrade 14 years 11 months ago #7229

• studio
  • Fresh Boarder
Can you please be more specific?

Re:Forms Not Submitting in IE Since Component Upgrade 14 years 11 months ago #7235

• catt231
  • Fresh Boarder
In the Administrator area Under Global Configuration I set Use Apache mod_rewrite to no and the form started submitting

I'm sure that's not the 100% fix but it does what I need :)

Re:Forms Not Submitting in IE Since Component Upgrade 14 years 11 months ago #7241

I too am experiencing a problem with IE. Firefox works fine. What I have noticed though is that on after I submit the form, the captcha does not work. I would need to manually refresh it for the submission to go through. That is:

1) Enter form
2) Fill in details
3) Enter captca
4) Submit form
5) Form comes back (this continues until...)
6) Refresh the captcha
7) Enter captcha
8) Submit form
9) Submission successful

Any help would be great. I large portion of the visitors on my site use Internet Explorer. Let me know if there is anything that I may be doing wrong that might be causing this.
Last Edit: 13 years 9 months ago by andreic.

Re:Forms Not Submitting in IE Since Component Upgrade 14 years 10 months ago #7492

• kapearl
  • Fresh Boarder
catt231 wrote:
It appears that this was caused by the mod_rewrite - set it to no and the forms submit now...

This worked for me but now my pages have different URLs because 'index.php' is now added into all of them. They aren't broken, but I worry that the change will effect my indexed pages in search engines. I have captch in other areas of the site that were working fine.. so is there another option besides turning off mod_rewrite?

Forms Not Submitting in IE Since Component Upgrade 6 years 7 months ago #37270

• modernmagic
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Did anyone come up with a solution that does not require setting mod_rewrite to no?

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!