Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: RSforms missing most basic functions.

RSforms missing most basic functions. 1 year 11 months ago #42029

• ben3282
  • Fresh Boarder
I completly understand that you wanted this to be very flexable and able to do everything. WHY are you missing MASKING, HIDDING FLAG, BASIC styling fields?

In all form software except yours. Masking is a feature you need to go find a JAVA library and add it in. Yeah cool great. I spent many hours looking for a good libary only to find out i have no idea what the attributes need to make the silly thing work. I opened a ticket he just pasted several links that are very vague on what to do.

I found one post that made sense but the library was gone. I am very hung up on several simple functions that most other have a property field for.
www.rsjoomla.com/forum/37-rsform-pro/304...orm-field.html#40285
This one at least gave me a glimps of what the attribute needed.
www.rsjoomla.com/forum/37-rsform-pro/647...mber-help.html#14869

PLEASE write a dang post showing step by step how to add the library and php to make basic masking work. This is so stupid. Pick the best one and go with it. Or just add it into your software. The issue is not the lack of coding experiance but all the work looking at the references to figure out how to make it work.

I know very well how to use conditional fields. Why is there no flag to hide the field at the start of the form. I was told to use the conditional fields to hide it. why? Use it to UNHIDE.

Last thing I have run into STYLING.. GUYS really??? you don't have a basic form with styling that is attractive. You just blah puked all over the page. 100% let her go. ALL I wanted was a form width a border and some chubby entry fields set. I have spent so much time trying to figure this out. It is just another dumb thing you guys didn't take care of. OH if you can code you just need to add it into a CSS back end area where you need to figure out what it is referencing.

PUT IN SOME BASIC STYLE FIELDS FORM WIDTH, BORDER size, INPUT FIELD SIZE padding and spacing Mabe even some colors. there is like 8 fields. I have spent like hours digging and reading just trying to figure this out. I have added into the CSS area and even added my .CSS files. This is really more work than it should be. And the ticket respondes are so vague. I have read the documentation.
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by ben3282.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!