Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Suggestions & input on planned features

Suggestions & input on planned features 5 years 7 months ago #38412

• info03230
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi all,

I've been subbed to RSForms for a while and I keep hitting annoyances with it. Which brings me here because I want to see if anyone will provide any insight to the planned features and development for RSForms. While I'll be addressing things I have issues with, my main motivation is to 1. find out if I should bother persisting with this system and 2. see if the devs will give us some insights on why some of these issues are not already implemented. I hope this is a product that I can continue to use and it becomes something that is a joy to make forms with.

I better start with; I know there is a feedback area, but it's a bit of a joke right? (unfortunately)
https://www.rsjoomla.com/feedback/single-category/4-rsformpro.html

1. Admin emails should auto-generate.
    Why would I want to build this my self every time when it could easily just give me a list of form labels with the submissions in a list down the email. It might not work for every case but it's better than nothing! Then we can easily change the emails from that point into the design we want.
    -
  2. Add an insert page break into the grid layout system. Why do I have to add the page break in a different area and then drag it up into position in the grid system? Does someone know a better way? So annoying.
    -
  3. Drag new fields into position in the grid system.
    Why did you bother to make a grid system and not include this as a feature? Form fields should be inserted into the grid system directly, like many other form builders already do.
    -
  4. Allow setting "Layout Flow" per row in the grid builder. Again, why bother making the grid builder and not including this feature. Some grid layouts need to be horizontal and some might need to be vertical in a single form. Let us set this on a per row basis.
    -
  5. Add CSS class to each row as needed. We should be able to give a row a CSS class in the grid system so that we can apply CSS changes on a per row basis.
    -
  6. Repeatable fields.
    This is a common feature with other form builders. I understand that repeatable fields are hard for ALL field types, so just limit it to the easy ones for a start. Your suggested workaround of using conditional fields to show more as needed just doesn't cut it.

Things suggested above are just common features in other (non-joomla) based form builders. I do like RSJoomla and I hope that you don't see this as a rant but instead see it as someone that really does want you to make this an awesome component.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vinny9, unicserv

Suggestions & input on planned features 5 years 1 month ago #38773

• vinny9
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I too would llike to see repeatable fields. Maybe even repeatable grouped fields.
The following user(s) said Thank You: unicserv

Suggestions & input on planned features 5 years 1 week ago #38971

• scott.garrett2
  • Fresh Boarder
Repeatable field groups is also on my wish list.
That would be fantastic

Suggestions & input on planned features 3 years 5 months ago #40693

• beth.snider
  • Fresh Boarder
Repeatable fields would be a big plus for us. We prefer RSForms Pro, but sometimes use other providers just for this feature. :(

Suggestions & input on planned features 3 years 5 months ago #40698

• pat01
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
beth.snider wrote:
We prefer RSForms Pro, but sometimes use other providers just for this feature. :(

The same goes for me. I have no other choice than using another form component if I need repeating fields.

Suggestions & input on planned features 3 years 4 months ago #40703

Just found this topic while looking how to do repeatable field groups for a form I am building. Add another vote in favor of this feature. For now I guess I need another component.

Suggestions & input on planned features 1 year 11 months ago #41972

• info3641
  • Fresh Boarder
I too would like to see repeatable field groups. This would be an incredibly useful feature.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!