Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Could not instantiate mail function

Could not instantiate mail function 7 years 3 months ago #36203

• sales86
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I have checked this site: www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/r...-function-error.html

and I found out when I create new user I see the error: Could not instantiate mail function
I tried with the following options in the Joomla configuration:
PHP mail setting I go the following error:
Notice
Could not instantiate mail function.
Error
Test mail could not be sent.
When I do the following setting:

Notice
Could not execute: /usr/sbin/sendmail
Error
when I do the SMTP setting I got the following error:
Notice
SMTP connect() failed. github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting
Error

I have contacted my hosting provider and the answer was: we have now idea how to fix this check with your developer.

Please help, what I should ask them to install in my hosting? not sure

Thanks,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Could not instantiate mail function 7 years 3 months ago #36213

• sales86
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello, any feedbak, please help

Could not instantiate mail function 7 years 3 weeks ago #36571

• sbrooks1
  • Fresh Boarder
I am having the same problem. Was working prior to installation of RSfirewall. Has to be an exception somewhere. Did you every resolve this?
I could not use Joomla Contacts Component -- I installed Module "Responsive Contact Form" and it worked at one time.

Could not instantiate mail function 11 months 2 weeks ago #42727

if you are in godaddy, and using their email cpanel server remember they block certain ports like 587. i am using microsoft 365 and using sendmail and it work just fine. i contacted microsoft and they also fixed the emails issue about getting to junk/spam folder.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!