Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: After form Submit open Return URL in new window ?

After form Submit open Return URL in new window ? 10 years 6 months ago #24827

• columnit
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I am using RsForm Pro version with latest Joomla 2.5 version.
After form submit, i need to redirect the 'Return URL' (which is mentioned in form properties) in new window. The Return URL is not any external URL.

Can you please help me to resolve this. Its urgent.?

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

After form Submit open Return URL in new window ? 9 years 9 months ago #27925

• jamiegee
  • Fresh Boarder
I'd like this also. I've tried all manner of combinations including AJAX

AND

Additional HTML Attributes - onsubmit="window.opener.reload(true);"

After form Submit open Return URL in new window ? 9 years 9 months ago #27935

• cosmin.cristea
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 144
In order to open the "Return URL" in a new window you will need to replace the default continue button from the form's thank you page with a custom button that will open your desired URL in a new window. This also implies that you can leave the "Return URL" field blank in the form configuration since the redirect will be done through the custom script.

To achieve this head over to Components > RSForm!Pro > Manage forms > select your form > Properties > Form info, disable the default "Continue" button of the form from the "Show Continue Button" option. Next use the "Edit the Thank You Message" button in order to edit the message that is displayed after the form is submitted, switch the editor to HTML mode (this way you can edit the source code of the thank you page) and add the following code:
<input type="button" onclick="window.open ('http://your_desired_URL','URL-name');" value="Continue" />
My help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
The following user(s) said Thank You: iqdr

After form Submit open Return URL in new window ? 8 years 11 months ago #31029

• mikec2
  • Fresh Boarder
I want to do this as well, however, I don't want to use a button. I want the pdf file to open in a new window. I have tried everything - please help.

After form Submit open Return URL in new window ? 5 years 5 months ago #38566

• bowner
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Add
target="_blank"
into 'Additional HTML Attributes' field of your form.

After form Submit open Return URL in new window ? 5 years 3 months ago #38675

• iqdr
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you! It works!

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!