Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Placeholder free text

Placeholder free text 11 years 9 months ago #18108

• cuby
  • Fresh Boarder
I've put a placeholder for a 'free text' field inside the administrator e-mail. But no text shows up in the e-mail when filling up and sending the form.

This is the placeholder:
{Introductie:value}

What can be the problem?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Placeholder free text 11 years 9 months ago #18114

Hello,

The only problem I can think is that you mistyped the placeholder.
What happens when you use it in the user e-mail?
Regards
Wilco Alsemgeest

Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking www.rsjoomla.com/my-support-tickets.html

Re: Placeholder free text 11 years 9 months ago #18116

• cuby
  • Fresh Boarder
No, I did not mistype it. Tried it with several new free text field, no result.
Also in the user e-mail

Re: Placeholder free text 11 years 9 months ago #18118

This sounds like one to ask support.
But for a workaround try putting the text that you typed in the content area into the mail at the point you want it to display. Just copy and then paste the text in the email set up screen.

Please share the response from support so we can all learn the solution. It helps us create better forms that way.

K

Re: Placeholder free text 11 years 9 months ago #18126

• cuby
  • Fresh Boarder
reaction from RSJoomla:

The Free Text fields do not have placeholders because their content can simply be copy pasted in the email messages instead of using placeholders.

So... it's not possible...

Re: Placeholder free text 11 years 7 months ago #18763

• pcproffitt
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
OK, I know based on the support response that this isn't going anywhere. But, I've just got so say that someone has their head in the sand on this one. Why should I put free text in a form what I want to display on a web page, then have to copy that text to an email form. That means I've got the same text in two places and invariably someone will change one and not the other. This just needs to be rethought.

The fact that the free text entities are represented in the Quick Toggle section on the user email and admin email sections is also a misrepresentation of what is actually available. That you can copy the caption and value for a free text entity to an email would lead most people to believe that using your free text value would be possible. Maybe this will help others not waste nearly as much time trying to figure out what this is doesn't work the way it appears it should.
Last Edit: 11 years 7 months ago by pcproffitt. Reason: Added more information.
The following user(s) said Thank You: informa-tic.tecnologies.digitals,.sl

Re: Placeholder free text 11 years 6 months ago #19249

How are you supposed to make a pdf with form data in different languages ​​if you can not use the free text placeholders?
The pdf is not multilanguage friendly :/

I have to create hidden fields that are translatables to make a pdf work in different languages? Really?

Re: Placeholder free text 5 years 10 months ago #38197

It is possible but tricky, I just accomplished this.
1. Create a readonly textarea and give it the id="placecontent" (you can hide this later) in the css: placecontent {display:none;}
2. In your free text area place all you want to copy within this div <div id="frame" role="content"><!--your content here--></div>
3. On the submit button, give it the function onclick="copyText()"
4. In the Form Properties, CSS and Javascript, place this bit of code in the Javascript section:
function copyText() {
var output = document.getElementById("frame").innerHTML;
document.getElementById("placecontent").value = output;
}

5. Now in the Admin/User emails Contents and PDF Attachment place this to print the contents to your email and pdf:
{global:fullname}
<hr>
{placecontent:value}

This will copy the div contents to the area WITH all of the HTML markup which you can add by placing the styles at the beginning of the Email Contents and PDF Attachments. :laugh:

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!