Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: How to : Import submissions via CSV into database

How to : Import submissions via CSV into database 12 years 3 months ago #15644

• HRR
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there,

I have a question: How can I import submissions (from a petition form..) to RSFORM PRO?

Thanks!

HRR
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How to : Import submissions via CSV into database 12 years 3 months ago #15696

You can use the concatenate function in excel to write you own query and use that query in for example phpmyadmin to insert the information in the database
Regards
Wilco Alsemgeest

Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking www.rsjoomla.com/my-support-tickets.html

Re: How to : Import submissions via CSV into database 11 years 3 months ago #20596

• xtech
  • Fresh Boarder
Do you have any tutorials on how to do this?

I have 16,000 entries I want to import from an excel spreadsheet...

Regards
Tony

Re: How to : Import submissions via CSV into database 11 years 3 months ago #20597

Hello,

I don't have an tutorial.
You need 3 things everything can be found on Google.
1. SQL Insert Query statement knowledge
2. Excel concatenate function knowledge
3. PHPMyaAdmin or other DB Controle Panel knowledge
Regards
Wilco Alsemgeest

Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking www.rsjoomla.com/my-support-tickets.html

Re: How to : Import submissions via CSV into database 7 years 2 months ago #36355

• azurelink
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Wilco,
What database table do RSForm Pro submissions reside in? I see the following tables:

jnoc5_rsform_submissions
jnoc5_rsform_submission_columns
jnoc5_rsform_submission_values

But the columns don't match my form fields.

Thanks
Last Edit: 7 years 6 days ago by azurelink.

Re: How to : Import submissions via CSV into database 7 years 2 months ago #36369

• azurelink
  • Junior Boarder
azurelink wrote:
What database table do RSForm Pro submissions reside in?

Alright, at the time I wrote that, I didn't have any values in my test submisisons form. Now I see they are in the _values table. But the strange thing is each value is in it's own row, instead of in a single record of all values for a single submitter. This makes importing records from an existing database file more difficult.

How do you recommend importing data? Use the Excel method you mentioned above? Is there another tool I could use?

Re: How to : Import submissions via CSV into database 7 years 1 week ago #36651

• azurelink
  • Junior Boarder
Just following up on my part of the above thread. I was able to import my data, but it was super complicated because of the structure for values (each value in a "submission", (aka record) has its own row). I had to run about 40 or 50 different GREP search/replace operations on the file to clean it up, add the correct series of submission IDs, and format it with SQL insert code.

We need a plugin to allow for this import process, please! Client's are asking for it.

If the Submissions view page can export a CSV file, it ought to be able to import one in the same format, don't you think?
Last Edit: 7 years 6 days ago by azurelink. Reason: Added another sentence.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yaani, avalonshelties

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!