Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Integration with Google Docs

Integration with Google Docs 12 years 7 months ago #14316

• pberntson
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
It would be great if the output of RSForm could be piped into a Google Doc (spreadsheet) each time a submission was done. Had this feature with other form program and it was awesome.

Anyone try this using the database hooks in RSForm?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Integration with Google Docs 11 years 4 months ago #19681

• dom2012
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Did you ever figure out how to do this?

Thanks,
Dom

Integration with Google Docs 9 years 5 months ago #29024

• remcojanssen
  • Fresh Boarder
I've did this and wrote a short how-to:

crossmediacreations.nl/blog/42-using-rs-...post-to-google-drive
and a youtube video
The following user(s) said Thank You: alexp

Integration with Google Docs 9 years 5 months ago #29028

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Thanks for the tutorial! I am sure that others will make use of it as well.

Perhaps i can help out a little bit. I noticed that you are using a small Javascript to copy fields values. You can simply use the PHP Scripts > Scripts called on form display area to do this (i think this is a little bit easier for users that are not familiar with scripts). Example:
$_POST['form']['name of your hidden field here'] = $_POST['form']['name of field to be copied'];
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Integration with Google Docs 9 years 5 months ago #29039

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
@remcojanssen,

In your video you mentioned problems with dropdowns. Basically, you will have problems with checkboxes and radio groups - all fields that have multiple options. The reason for this is RSForm!Pro handles these fields differently then Google. There is no right or wrong here - just different solutions.

For more advanced users there is always the option of using silent posting with PHP scripts. Though not a copy/paste solution, a good starting point is provided here:

http://www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/view-article/83-silent-post.html
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Integration with Google Docs 8 years 11 months ago #30938

• info3042
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
remcojanssen wrote:
I've did this and wrote a short how-to:

crossmediacreations.nl/blog/42-using-rs-...post-to-google-drive
and a youtube video

I tried this method, but I haven't seen any responses from my tests. It looks like I did everything the same as in the tutorial, and I made sure the form is accepting responses, but no joy. Thoughts?
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by info3042. Reason: Forgot to add quote

Integration with Google Docs 7 years 6 months ago #35764

no more ids are present in google sheets so it seems impossible to handle this solution.. i would have an howto update... :(

Integration with Google Docs 5 years 1 week ago #38967

• eero
  • Fresh Boarder
Seems like this solution is not working anymore. At least the blog post has disappeared and the last reply in the chain sounds like there is a problem.

Is there any hope to have a plugin or another way to solve this in the future? It would certainly be beneficial, as more and more people are using Google Sheets.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!