Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: SOLVED Scandinavian umlauts (ÅÄÖ) not accepted

SOLVED Scandinavian umlauts (ÅÄÖ) not accepted 13 years 9 months ago #10876

• CHCG
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I am just getting started with RSForm! Pro version 1.2.0 and have encountered a (for me) major problem immediately. When attempting to build my first form, it seems that RSForm! Pro doesn't accept Swedish umlauts (ÅÄÖ), giving the error message "Please specify an unique name, using only alphanumeric characters for this component".

This is very problematic, considering that every third Swedish word or so contains one or more of those letters. Is ther a way I can fix this?

Maybe I should mention that I am usning version 1.2.0 with Joomla 1.5.18 and that I do the editing with a Mac (MacOS X 10.6) if that has any bearing.

Can someone please advise. Thanks a lot in advance for your assistance
Last Edit: 13 years 9 months ago by CHCG.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:SOLVED Scandinavian umlauts (ÅÄÖ) not accepted 13 years 9 months ago #10896

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

If you are using MSExcel then please try this:

Go to Menu > Data > Import External Data > Import Data, browse the CSV file and set up the Character Set for the imported file to "Unicode (UTF-8)" from the wizard that appears.

If you are using Open Office then, when opening the CSV file, please try setting the Character Set to "Unicode (UTF-8)" from the window that appears.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!