Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: How do I create a registration form?

How do I create a registration form? 15 years 3 months ago #5965

I've created a registration form, but how do I send the information to the database to register my users?

That said, how do I create a login page that has a 'register' link that links to the registration form?

Thank you.<br><br>Post edited by: tatterdemalion, at: 2008/12/20 01:36
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:How do I create a registration form? 15 years 2 months ago #6066

Hi, did you end up solving this? I am pondering buying this component but I need it to be able to create a user registration form amongst other things to replace Joomla's default registration.

Cheers

Re:How do I create a registration form? 15 years 2 months ago #6111

• nigelb
  • Fresh Boarder
Actually, I would like to know this too. I think it would be a fantastic idea for RSJoomla to provide some documentation on how to design working models of the Login and Registration forms (that utilise the captcha image feature to avoid spam) that link through to the users table so that we don't have to rely on the default (and unprotected) joomla ones.

It would even be better to have RSJoomla provide working examples by default when you install RSform!Pro.

Re:How do I create a registration form? 15 years 2 months ago #6290

• remotely
  • Fresh Boarder
I hope someone responds to this thread soon! :whistle:

I am also looking for some help to basically modify the default Joomla \"Register\" process and add some other items using RSform! Pro so that when they register, we know more about the user than just name, email, etc.

Anyone..?

/\/\

Re:How do I create a registration form? 15 years 2 months ago #6292

I have noticed that there hasn't been any company replies since 2009 on many of the topics for people requesting help. This is concerning.

Re:How do I create a registration form? 13 years 2 months ago #12325

• dominic.conrad
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I wouldn't use RSForm!Pro to create a user registration form. If you want to do anything more that the core Joomla registration form, I would highly recommend using Community Builder, which is a component specifically designed for enhanced registration process, beyond the core Joomla offering.

I use Community Builder AND RSForm!Pro on my sites, but I don't use RSForm!Pro to do the job that Community Builder does (better).

Hope that helps

Re:How do I create a registration form? 13 years 2 months ago #12341

( placed on the "Scripts called on form process" area,Tab=Scripts ):
********************************************************************************************

if (isset($_POST['form']['username'])) 
{ 
    $database =& JFactory::getDBO(); 
    $fullname = $_POST['form']['fullname']; 
    $email = $_POST['form']['email']; 
    $username = $_POST['form']['username']; 
    $password = $_POST['form']['password']; 
    $database->setQuery("SELECT `id` FROM #__users WHERE `username`='".$username."'"); 
    $database->query(); 
    if ($database->getNumRows() > 0) die('This username is already taken. Please press back and try a different username.'); 
    $database->setQuery("INSERT INTO #__users (`name`, `username`, `email`, `password`, `usertype`, `block`, `sendEmail`, `gid`, `registerDate`, `lastvisitDate`, `activation`, `params`) VALUES('".$fullname."', '".$username."', '".$email."', '".md5($password)."', '', 0, 0, 18, now(), now(), '', '')"); 
    $database->query(); 
    $userid = $database->insertid(); 
    $database->setQuery("INSERT INTO #__core_acl_aro (`id`, `section_value`, `value`, `order_value`, `name`, `hidden`) VALUES ('', 'users', '".$userid."', 0, '".$fullname."', 0)"); 
    $database->query(); 
    $aro_id = $database->insertid(); 
    $database->setQuery("INSERT INTO #__core_acl_groups_aro_map (`group_id`,`section_value`,`aro_id`) VALUES ('18','','".$aro_id."')"); 
    $database->query(); 
}

add other fields if you wish, but do not forget the main fields, as they are entered in the Joomla DB. Excuse my English (google translator) I'm brazilian.
enjoy!B)

Re:How do I create a registration form? 13 years 2 months ago #12431

• ahmad789
  • Fresh Boarder
hello
I thank you for this interesting and good script
;)

Re:How do I create a registration form? 12 years 4 weeks ago #16531

• royce
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Just hope your users don't enter something like:

username = '; DELETE * from `jos_users`

(SQL Injection!) B)

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!