Yahoo! requests verifying the site ownership when submitting a sitemap to the Webmaster Account.
RSSeo! allows you to verify the site ownership, directly from the backend Joomla! administrator panel for major search engines .
In this episode we will show you how can you verify a Joomla! site ownership for Yahoo! Site Explorer account.
- In the backend Joomla! administrator panel, head to Extensions >> Plugin Manager >> System RSSeo!
- In the "Plugin Parameters" tab, enable the sitemap verification option for Yahoo!
- Access the Yahoo! Site Explorer account (http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/)
- We'll use the second verification method: By adding a meta tag to my home page
- Copy the meta tag content (the string in brackets) and paste it in the backend administrator panel >> System RSSeo! plugin.
- Once you have added the meta tag, you can verify the submitted sitemap to the Yahoo! Site Explorer account.
Ep. 13 - Optimize meta keywords and meta description for each Joomla! page with RSSeo!
Ep.15 - Enable canonicalization for your Joomla! website with RSSeo!
Ep.16 - Generate sitemaps for Joomla! with RSSeo!
Ep. 17 - How to verify Joomla! site ownership for Google Webmasters Tools with RSSeo!
Ep.19 - How to verify Joomla! site ownership for Bing with RSSeo!