Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: RSSocial Bug?! RSSocial does not display

RSSocial Bug?! RSSocial does not display 9 years 6 months ago #29083

• obrowne
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi..

I want to display a 3rd party social media module in a custom html footer module i made.
I'm using modules anywhere to achieve this. however i'm running into issues.

Background:
using:
- Joomla 3.3.6
- Modules Anywhere 3.5.2
- 3rd party Modulue RSSocial
- Using two templates which are almost identical (one for Home/landing page, the other for the rest op the pages)

Situation:
1) Created custom html Module "SalsaPlatform website footer elements"
2) Assigned custom module position "SPFooters" to html Module "SalsaPlatform website footer elements"
3) Duplicated RSSocial and called it "RSSocial in footer"
4) Assigned custom module position to "RSSocial in footer" ... called "RSSocialFooter"

5) Called "RSSocialFooter" into custom html Module "SalsaPlatform website footer elements" using {modulpos RSSocialFooter}

Finally....

6) display the whole footer setup by placing {modulepos SPFooters} in index.php of both templates.

Results:

All elements of the footer gets displayed correctly in both templates, except for the RSSocial part.
RSSocial gets displayed in the homepage footer ok, but is not beig displayed in footer of the other pages.

Menu assigment is set for all pages correctly as far as i can see.
Firebug shows the part where RSSocial shoud be loaded and you see the coding for it. but it is just not being
displayed....

Anyone ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks in advance

To see above issue in action... visit development site:
salsaplatform.o-line-webs.nl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RSSocial Bug?! RSSocial does not display 9 years 6 months ago #29097

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
You mentioned that you are using two templates. Please make sure that the position in question is degined for both templates.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!