Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Featured - Promoted Entries Display

Featured - Promoted Entries Display 9 years 10 months ago #27692

• sakis0
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

Is it possible to have a module that can display only a featured - promoted entries on my homepage?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Featured - Promoted Entries Display 9 years 8 months ago #28404

• info132
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm also searching how i can display only the promoted items, is there any solution for it, maybe there can be an option in the carousel ??
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by info132.

Featured - Promoted Entries Display 9 years 7 months ago #28621

• phelipon
  • Fresh Boarder
I like what I'm looking for!

Featured - Promoted Entries Display 9 years 7 months ago #28630

• cosmin.cristea
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 144
There is no built-in feature that would allow you to do this, however as a workaround, you can edit the source code of the component so it fits your scenario. In order to do this, find the helper.php from modules/mod_rsdirectory_entries_carousel and insert the following line (insert it as line 48):
->where( $db->qn('e.promoted'). ' = ' . $db->q(1) )
Keep in mind that if you decide to update the component, the source code modification will be lost.

More information on the Carousel module for RSDirectory! can be found here:
http://www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/view-article/1164-entries-carousel-module.html
My help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by cosmin.cristea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wdiggles, phelipon

Featured - Promoted Entries Display 9 years 2 months ago #30412

• spark
  • Fresh Boarder
I have made this change on a site I'm working on, and it works as you say.
I would like to take this a step further.
I'm looking to offer members time limited options for being promoted for varying credits.
Something like promote 3 months for 5 credits, 6 months for 9 credits, etc.
Is there a way to do this with the single "Promote" field, or do I need multiple fields?
If I need multiple fields, will the same hack of the helper file work, if I just add additional lines to the file referencing the new field names?

Thank you,
Lou

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!