Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: No Updates in Joomla Extension manager

No Updates in Joomla Extension manager 10 years 9 months ago #24236

• lausianne
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi,

I'm using several of your extensions. Now I made a few updates and it struck me that none of the updates available for your extensions appear in the Joomla updater. I need to enter each component individually, go to "Updates" there, and only then I see if there is an update available. That is quite a problem, because it causes a lot of extra work, and the possibility that I forget updates, because the standard updater says "none available". What's the deal here?

The problem might become even greater if one uses something like "Watchful" to manage updates for several sites from a central location. I guess your updates are not going to show up. Do you have a solution for that?

Thank you!

Regards,
Ralf.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

No Updates in Joomla Extension manager 10 years 9 months ago #24245

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
You are correct. Ideally that update should be provided within a central location.

Unfortunately this is not viable for commercial extensions, as this would imply that the update file should be available within a public accessible location. Since all commercial components do not provide the installation or update files publicly, the standard method can't be used.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

No Updates in Joomla Extension manager 10 years 1 week ago #27224

• ByDomino
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
How about this?

In your components (OR add a license check component) have a place for a login or a permacode to give access. then in
Extension Manager: Update
if the login is valid check the URL for the xml to check for updates ETC?

This way instead of having to change the "Your Code" field EVERY TIME we renew.
We can set it and forget it in the joomla admin.

Hope this makes sense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: info301

No Updates in Joomla Extension manager 9 years 6 months ago #29025

• john.hubickey
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
We use many commercial components and extensions that are listed convienently in the Joomla updater.

RSJoomla components are the only ones we have to do manually and it is a very troublesome part of keeping sites functioning. Just today I had a "broken" site. I had run all the updates in the joomla extension manager but of course... didn't "manually install" the RSJoomla components (RSFW, RSFPro).

The site was broken due to a missed update for RSFormsPro. This is VERY frustrating. When we go through 50-100 sites doing manual updates the Joomla update manager is VERY fast and easy. Having to jump to the "old way" can be forgotten or missed. And it takes time to determine if there is an update needed. Then the update has to be downloaded etc etc.

----

The other commercial components we purchase provide a "Download ID" code, like a serial number, that we enter into the component configuration. I don't know how this limits use of these items but it does cause issues when we forget to insert that code. It seems to work.

At some point I feel that even though there are possible issues from a commercial standpoint to RSJoomla on how to "lock down" your commercial products, the customers who do pay expect critical components like these to take advantage of basic joomla features like the extension manager update.

This failing can literally add hours to the update process with a lot of websites.
The following user(s) said Thank You: info301

No Updates in Joomla Extension manager 9 years 6 months ago #29038

• Picht
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi

I would also like som kind of "automatic" update.

I use Watchfull (www.watchful.li) to help keep my sites updated. And RS Joomla always falls behind because of missing update posibility.

regards
Picht

No Updates in Joomla Extension manager 4 years 4 days ago #40092

I agree! This has been requested for year and support for Watchful would really make our lives easier.

Please integrate RSJoomla licensing check with Watchful <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: artd

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!