Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Dynamic 'Required=Yes/No' or Validations on dates!

Re:Dynamic 'Required=Yes/No' or Validations on dates! 15 years 9 months ago #3508

Follow the instructions below:
1. Login to your website's back-end
2. Point your mouse over \"Components\" then select \"RSForm!Pro\"
3. In the new window, select \"Manage Forms\"
4. Select your form on which you want to add your script on
5. Select the tab \"Form Layout\"
6. You shold notice four kinds of preinstalled layouts:
a. Inline
b. 2 Lines
c. 2 Columns inline
d. 2 Columns 2 lines
7. If you click any of these, the code for these layouts will be autogenerated below, this is what we DO NOT WANT TO HAPPEN! So, after selecting the layout you are happy with. do the following:
8. Remove the checkbox labeled with \"Auto Generate Layout?\"
9. This will allow you to create your own style, and anything else you might want to add.
10. Since the text area below is now editable, simply enter your script block on top of the form style code.
11. Save your form.
12. Be happy.
13. Wish for Germany to win today's Match :)
14. Have a wonderful day.

Hope this helps you.
Cheers
Regards,
Adel M. Ammari
http://www.x360me.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Dynamic 'Required=Yes/No' or Validations on dates! 15 years 9 months ago #3509

Follow the instructions below:
1. Login to your website's back-end
2. Point your mouse over \"Components\" then select \"RSForm!Pro\"
3. In the new window, select \"Manage Forms\"
4. Select your form on which you want to add your script on
5. Select the tab \"Form Layout\"
6. You shold notice four kinds of preinstalled layouts:
a. Inline
b. 2 Lines
c. 2 Columns inline
d. 2 Columns 2 lines
7. If you click any of these, the code for these layouts will be autogenerated below, this is what we DO NOT WANT TO HAPPEN! So, after selecting the layout you are happy with. do the following:
8. Remove the checkbox labeled with \"Auto Generate Layout?\"
9. This will allow you to create your own style, and anything else you might want to add.
10. Since the text area below is now editable, simply enter your script block on top of the form style code.
11. Save your form.
12. Be happy.
13. Wish for Germany to win today's Match :)
14. Have a wonderful day.

Hope this helps you.
Cheers
Regards,
Adel M. Ammari

Re:Dynamic 'Required=Yes/No' or Validations on dates! 15 years 9 months ago #3517

Hello

I can't still figure this out.
is is possible for you to give some screenshoots and the code for this example you made?

Regards
RJK

Re:Dynamic 'Required=Yes/No' or Validations on dates! 15 years 9 months ago #3522

Dear RJK,
I am sorry, but since the above step by step tutorial did not help you, i don't think i can do any more for you. Please check some books about using Joomla before you dig into using components on Joomla.

Good Luck,

Cheers :)
Regards,
Adel M. Ammari

Re:Dynamic 'Required=Yes/No' or Validations on dat 15 years 9 months ago #3638

• ljarratt
  • Fresh Boarder
Quick question. I am adding the javascript above and followed the other directions. For some reason I cannot save the edited form. I am doing this as admin. Any thoughts as to what might be happening?

Re:Dynamic 'Required=Yes/No' or Validations on dat 15 years 9 months ago #3653

You say you cannot save the form, can you please explain more? do you mean that whenever you save it just does not save? like you did nothing? If so, check the write access on all the needed joomla folders. If still doesnt work, contact support, there might be some kind of bug or glitch.

If you are using the demo version, this could be it too
Regards,
Adel M. Ammari

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!